Travel + Leisure Magazine
This Beach Destination is Florida’s Most Underrated Seaside City
New Smyrna Beach, is a quiet surf town known for its beaches. It’s one of the only places in Florida far enough away from the bustle of the city traffic, but close enough to enjoy everything Central Florida has to offer. New Smyrna Beach’s main thoughfares, Canal Street and Flagler Avenue boast fine art galleries, trendy shopping, hip bistros and local watering holes. From a 1950’s soda shop to antique shops and artisan emporuims New Smyrna Beach has something for everyone.
There are other many world famous destinations within less than an hour and a half drive from Riverwalk for you to enjoy. They include…
- Watch a race or get a tour at Daytona International Speedway.
- Visit one of the oldest lighthouses in the USA – Ponce de Leon.
- Tour Kennedy Space Center and/or watch one of the launches.
- Visit St. Augustine and walk the streets of the Oldest City in the USA.
- Outlet mall shopping in both Orlando and St. Augustine.
- Take a walk in the Ocala National Forest or Canaveral Sea Shore and watch nature at its best.
- Canal Street Historic District
- Flagler Avenue Shopping
- New Smyrna Museum of History
- Sugar Mill Ruins
- Disappearing Island
- Mary McLeod Bethune Beach Park
- Old Fort Park Archeological Site
- New Smyrna Beach Farmers Market
- Indian River Lagoon
- Finally… Disney World, Epcot Center, Universal Studios, Sea World, Orlando Science Center, Legoland, Busch Gardens, Port Canaveral, and many more places.